How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

I have a long term condition (I'm 24) and Imve just moved

Customer Question

Hi...I have a long term condition (I'm 24) and Imve just moved house. I am currently managed by a consultant and my medications arrive through Healthcare at Home. What would be the best way to transfer my care? Will there be a break in my medication if I change my GP and hospital?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.there will not be a break in medications.You would have to contact a new GP in your new area and call your old GP to call your new GP if possible.Your GP will take care of your hospital and other stuff as well.This session is open for any further questions/comment.Rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.Regards