DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.

I am a 70 year old man with COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, and arthitus.

I am a 70 year old man with COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, and arthitus. I have had a constant pain in my left side under my ribs. The pain is sharp and hurts more when I breath in. I have emergency packets of antibiotics and steroids but wonder if I need to go to hospital.
HelloYes go to the hospital.There are situations where angina can even cause pain in this location.Pancreatitis can do the same.Both can be serious. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
thanks I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.