How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

Q: Ph and sg urine, I've had stomach and right side pains

Customer Question

Q: Ph and sg urine, I've had stomach and right side pains for weeks. Occasional tan coloured stools. My doctor Did blood tests all normal. I decided to try a urine dip test at home. At 2pm my ph was 7.5 and SG 1.010. I repeated the test at 7pm and Ph was 5 and SG 1.025 (the 2nd sample was slightly lighter in colour) should I return to my GP or is this normal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Not certain how reliable these test are --pH should not vary that much unless you drank quite a bit of fruit juice acidic in nature.Ofcourse, bacterial infection also can cause acidic pH.You can get a urine test in GP's office if you continue to have symptoms.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: