How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19443
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

My husband has a row of spotty blistery things along his chest

This answer was rated:

My husband has a row of spotty blistery things along his chest onone side and a few on the side. They are about 3 inches below the nipple and start in the centre of the chest. I could send a photo but don't seem to have the facility to do this. The rash started about 6 days ago with just one spot and they have slowly increased. I am wondering if this is shingles. He is aged 59.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is itchy sometimes.
Hello from JustAnswer.It certainly could be shingles, but it would help if you could attach a picture.You can attach a picture using the icon on the toolbar that looks like a paper clip.If your system is not allowing for you to attach a picture, then another option would be to post the picture to a file sharing web site and let me know the URL.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Photos should be attached now
Thank you for the pictures. Yes, this does look like it is likely shingles, although a very mild case. Shingles can be treated with antiviral medicines, but we typically want to start the medicine within the first three days of onset of the rash. Since this has been going on for 6 days, the medicine is not likely to be helpful. At this point, the usual approach would be medicines that relieve symptoms until the rash heals spontaneously. Oral antihistamines usually do better for relief of itching than the antihistamine creams. It also would be fine to use an over the counter pain medicine for relief of any pain that he is experiencing, Cool wet compresses also may be soothing. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you