How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9867
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

I have a 3 mth old with turned in eyelids. I took him to

This answer was rated:

Hi i have a 3 mth old with turned in eyelids. I took him to my gp who new nothing about it just referred him to see a specialist. The thing is im worried about it and dont want to wait weeks maybe months to get it looked at. Should i be worried? I cant find a private doctor in my area that deals with babies.
Hi and thanks for the query.
In babies it is okay to wait since the eye lashes do not irritate the cornea because they are soft and almost non existent. If however, the entropion is causing the baby's eyes to turn red and watery then there is an urgency. If that is not happening you can wait till the baby is at least 6 months of age.
Please rate the answer by clicking on the stars on the top corner of your screen.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will it cotrect itself or is surgery needed
It usually requires minor surgery or splintage to correct.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.
Dr Uzair and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you