How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49197
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

My daughter who is 41 had a splenectomy when she was 6. Consequently

This answer was rated:

My daughter who is 41 had a splenectomy when she was 6. Consequently her body could not cope after having a dangerously high dose of Permethrin sprayed throughout her flat in Colombia 3 years ago - supposedly for insect infestation. She badly wants a baby with her partner. Her periods are erratic. Despite blood & urine tests for Anaemia, Thyroid and kidney function etc. and suggestions on diet, e.g. no fats, she is still trying to recover. Since she is/was good at sports and has trained to run a half marathon recently I feel that with good advice now on diet and help to have a baby.
However she has lost confidence that any ordinary GP or obstetrician or gynaecologist has the knowledge about Permethrin side-effects, or full knowledge of the many consequences of lacking a Spleen, to advise on diet and how she can regain her health or what particular help she needs to get pregnant.
Do you know an obstetrician or gynaecologist who specialises in her kind of condition? She is coming to England in June and that will be probably the last chance she has to see someone who can really help. She may soon be in the menopause.
This is Dr. Davidfemale fertility is a complex issue and needs testing of the woman and sperm evaluation of the man as well.many cases of female infertility is because of low sperm counts in the man.there are gyn doctors in England who specialize in fertility. she would need a full fertility evaluationshe can talk to a fertility gyn doctor about her prior exposure to Permethrin 3 years ago. but that may only be one part of the story. a website to help look for a fertility clinic in the UKlet me know if you have questions.
Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not a straight-forward infertility problem! She still has Permethrin toxins in her body and needs a specialist to advise her on how to rid herself of them. Only such a specialist can give guidance e.g. on a special diet to do that. She does not want to take any drugs.
I see. needs to see a toxicology doctor who sees patients.above is a registry of toxicologist in the UKcontact them and see if they will refer you to a toxicologist near you.Register Administrator UK Register of Toxicologists c/o Society of Biology Charles Darwin House*****Lond WC1N 2JU UK Tel: +44 (0)20 7685 2559 Email:***@******.***