Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181
Medical

I took buscapan IBS and had a rash round my left eye

I took buscapan for my... Show More
I took buscapan for my IBS and had a rash round my left eye with a headache and some blurring in that eye, headache and rash now gone still slight blurr, never had reaction to tablets before, bit worried
Show Less
This is Dr. Davidhave you taken buscopan before? was this the first time you had this type of reaction?if you have taken buscopan before without these side effects, your symptoms of rash and headaches may not have been due to it.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Yes taken before never had reaction took my mum out for her 60th took a tablet just before
I see.did you drink alcohol when you were out? that can cause headaches and rash as well.
did you want me to call you on the phone?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I don't drink only had tea, vision in left eye is still bit blurred after 11 hours
are you having runny nose? tearing of your eyes? allergies can cause sinus headaches, rash and tearing and mucus in the eyes and blurry vision.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I'm in uk didn't realise when phone thing came up
I can call you in the UK.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Had headache at time which has gone and so has rash round eye slight headache still
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Its fine by text just but worried ill lose sight in my eye
I see.do you have runny nose? sinus congestion? this can cause headaches.withdraw from caffeine? this can cause headaches.not drinking enough fluid and water? dehydration can cause headaches.not getting enough sleep? this can cause headaches. you will not loose sight in your eye
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
No runny nose don't drink much caffine drink plenty,
if you have excessive anxiety or stress, this can cause headaches.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
One of the side effects on tablets was red eye which could cause glaucoma that's what has me worried
glaucoma would not cause headaches like this.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
The headache has more or less gone as has the red rash round eye I stress anyway due to the ibs I have that's why I took the buscopan
I see.you need to try to stress less.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I do tai chi for that, just worried that the side effect of tablet has done damage to my eye with it still being blurred tho can read things close
the tablet would not damage your eye
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
So the blurring should clear up then as it wasn't blurred til the rash started?
the blurring will clear up for you
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Phew, where the rash was still feels warm but I guess after 12 hours the tablet should be through my system
yes, it should be out of your system.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks doc
you are welcome.