How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kaushik Your Own Question
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4756
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Kaushik is online now

My son is depressed, aggressive and suicidal. How can I get

This answer was rated:

My son is depressed, aggressive and suicidal. How can I get my son assessed if he refuses to go to the gp or any doctor?
Greetings.Welcome to the site.Well, if your son is suicidal and also poses threat to others due to aggressive streak then as per the Mental Health Act he can be forcibly admitted in an indoor psychiatry facility/ hospital without his consent where he shall be first assessed by psychiatrist/s and then treated for his underlying diagnosis and apparent symptoms. So i suggest that you get in touch with your GP and seek his referral for your's son's Involuntary commitment/ Sectioning ( i.e is forcible without his consent admission in an indoor psychiatry hospital for assessment and treatment). This will be able to help your cause in the most useful way.I hope this helps.Wish you all the best.Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.Regards
Dr. Kaushik and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your advice
You are most welcome.Take care.Regards