Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been concerned time that my eyes are not always

I have been concerned for some time that my eyes are not always blinking at the same time, and it looks like i am winking, i've been to my GP but they couldn't see a problem, but its causing me embarrassment and i would like to know what help is available for this problem?
Hi and thanks for the query.This can happen in certain conditions for example, the jaw winking syndrome, miswiring of cranial nerves etc. You need to see a Neurologist for this and a detailed assessment needs to be done. Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
would i not need to see an opthamologist? do you know what possible treatment i could get?
Opthalmologists deal with eye sight problems and problems within the globe of the eye. This falls under the domain of a Neurologist.Treatment depends on the underlying cause. So, a neurological exam is warranted and that will establish the diagnosis and then comes the treatment.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is it expensve to see a neurologist? how do i find one?
You can find a neurologist in any private hospital or clinic, if you decide to go to one privately, this will cost you a specialists consultation fee.I suggest you get a referral through your GP and go through the NHS since this is not anything emergent.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.