DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.

I have recently been diagnosed with Acid reflux, Asthma, COPD,

I have recently been diagnosed with Acid reflux, Asthma, COPD, bronchiectasis & sinus problems. Nothing with the exception of steroids makes me feel better. what are my options.
HelloIf you are not getting better outside of steroids, this often means the sinuses are not draining properly.A CT scan of the sinuses is needed: it takes about 3 minutes to do. I have seen people stay sick for years because blockage was not addressed.An ENT doctor would go in with a scope and drain the sinuses.This should be the first thing that is looked at.You are already maximized on medications. COPD is not curable. Very limited forms of COPD respond to a surgical procedure, which creates improvement, but not cure.A neglected facet of this is that patients are often not sent to pulmonary rehabilitation, which helps a lot with symptoms, and your doctor should refer you.If you have not seen a pulmonologist, that consult should be next. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.