How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have phlebitis in both of my lower legs and am using Ibuleve

This answer was rated:

I have phlebitis in both of my lower
legs and am using Ibuleve gel as prescribed by GP. In a lot pain despite doctors advice. Have you any possible solutions?
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Phlebitis is caused by the inflammation of the superficial veins.In severe cases, anticoagulant like warfarin can be used to thin the blood and reduce inflammation.Also a steroid ointment like clobetasol can be applied daily topically.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I obtain this medicine unprescribed
Both of them require prescription.Hydrocortisone is a over the counter steroid. Rutin and hesperidin supplements are over the counter with with blood flow improvement properties.Best wishes
Dr Basu and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you