How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Embarrassing problem, I've been suffering with red sore skin on the underside of my f

This answer was rated:

Embarrassing problem, I've been suffering with red sore skin on the underside of my foreskin (uncircumcised) for at least 9 years. There are also thick patches of skin which have formed over the years, I would describe them as looking like blisters but they contain no liquid and have been constant for years.
8 years ago I visited my GP, he prescribed hydrocortisone cream which I've been using on and off ever since, nothing else will reduce redness and soreness. I know using steroid creams over long periods is not a good idea but I feel I've been left with no choice. I also visited my gum clinic several times to be told I had no STI's, I was also swabbed which came back clear, I had full tests including bloods which came back clear. After having only one partner for 10 years and still suffering I recently went back to both my GP and sexual health clinic to be again told they can't do anything for me, they recommended talc and salt baths. It's getting ridiculous, it's very red, sore a
HelloYou need a biopsy.Any skin disease can occur herePsoriasis and eczema for example.It is simply to doGlad to look at a picture here as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your quick reply. Biopsy as in cut a piece of skin from the affected area for testing? I have enclosed images for you (sorry in advance haha) genital warts and other conditions have been ruled out over the years, I've looked at endless images online and never seen anything like what I have unfortunately. How would you suggest I go ahead with more testing, should I ask for a dermatologist referral from my GP?
Yes, a small piece of skin, no big deal.This is not identifiable by the picture.It could be lichen sclerosis, also identified by biopsy.Please click a positive.Come back as needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's definitely a big deal for me :( there are thick blister like skin patches around the full circumference. The closest looking condition I have seen online is: penile intraepithelial neoplasia, would this be a possibility?Should I see a dermatologist? Since my doctor wasn't interested. Not sure how I would arrange a biopsy.
No, I don't think it is cancer.A dermatologist will do biopsies on this type of think all the time.Or a urologist.Just ask them.Please click a positive.
DrRussMD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks, ***** *****'t look serious enough to be cancer haha but I googled that condition and a picture came up which looked exactly like what I have. OK I will be contacting a dermatologist or urologist for a biopsy, thanks.