Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Please could you advise me. Since I was young I have had an

Please could you advise me. Since I was young I have had an uneven 'crease' in my back on the right side above my hip which causes a dull ache most of the time as it has got worse over the years. It is more troubling when I sit down for more than approximately 2 hours. One of my legs is slightly shorter due to this (or may be hip slightly raised), I notice this especially when wearing trousers, one trouser leg is a bit shorter than the other. I have been wondering lately if I have scoliosis. What could this be in your opinion? I can send you a photo of my back if requested. Thank you very much.
Sharon ********
Thank you for your question.Please send a photo.I would appreciate that.Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is the photo attached ...
Thank you for your reply.There is nothing to suggest scoliosis as the picture of the back that you have sent me seems pretty good.It could be a problem with your hip joint.I would recommend that you have an x-ray of your hips to start with to see if there is a problem there.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you very much. I will go to my GP to see if I can get an x-ray.Thank you.
Sharon
If your symptoms persist you must be seen to get prescription strength medications or to have this removed at the GP's office via a small procedure.You are most welcome.Wish you all the best.I would appreciate a rating before you leave.Kindest regards