How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48738
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

Five days ago I suddenly encountered a fever with bodily

Customer Question

Five days ago I suddenly encountered a fever with bodily aches/pains and s lack of appetite. The fever passed after 2 days. I however been left with an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach... Feels like a tummy full with stomach acid. If I am able to eat something i burp regularly and there is an uncomfortable feeling in the tummy. On one occassion i was sick but felt this was because of my overflowing tummy. I am feeling v weak as not eaten much for 5 days! Is there anything i can do to help my stomach situation? I am mainly eating bread, rice, bananas. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
this is Dr. Davidsounds like you have too much stomach acid causing gastritis in the need to use over the counter stomach acid blockers to decrease stomach acidyou can use maalox, or mylanta or zantac or tagamet to help decrease your stomach can use these medications twice a day to help decrease stomach can buy these acid reducers at your local drug store or grocery store or Bootsif your stomach acid symptoms continue, you need to see your doctor and try stronger prescriptions stomach acid reducers.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using