Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a cold but also a hacking cough which is worse at night. i

I have a cold but also a hacking cough which is worse at night.
i don't have any phlegm.
i got a cold and cough in january and the cough hasn't gone away.
i have an appointment with my NHS Dr but it isn't until the 13th April (first appt) available.
Is there anything I can take for the cough
Hello from JustAnswer.Do you have any chronic medical problems?Are you taking any chronic medicines?
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i have no chronic illnesses and i am not on any medication
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you still able to answer my questions
There are a couple of options in this situation. For a dry hacking cough, a cough syrup containing guaifenesin and dextromethorphan, a cough suppressant, would be a reasonable option for direct relief of the cough. Some people have a cough that is worse at night because of an allergy component, so using an antihistamine may help. The antihistamines that typically are in cough syrups are first generation antihistamiens, which are generally a group of medicines that we prefer to avoid in someone over age 65. So, it would be better to take a newer antihistamine, such as cetrizine or loratidine, as a separate product. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank is there anything else i should do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have missed your call please would you ring again
If the above medicines are not effective, then a common next step would be some steroids, either by nasal spray or inhaler.
Hi. I am trying to call you but your number is ***** responding. Do you have any other contact like Skype ID, land line etc ? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my phone didn't ring please call again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please try 01424 813064
Ok I am going to try the new number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i could hear you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that is a shame i can hear you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will go to the pharmacy and by the medicines
It was nice taking to you. Yes you can take these medicines from pharmacy. They are available over the counter. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am just checking i only wanted this as a one off service is my fee £29.00
Thanks for your input. You have to contact the customer services for this query but I reassure you that on our website the charges are only what you yourself agree upon. Regards