Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I move my bowels 3 or 4 times a day

i move my bowels 3 or 4 times a day
Hi and thanks for the query.How long has this been going on for?Is the consistency of the stools normal. watery?Any foul smell?Do you have any previously diagnosed medical conditions?Are you on any medication?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for about 3 months
usually loose
sometimes they smell
no previous related conditions
i have been on amlodipine and statins for over 3 years
Okay - have you experienced any weight loss?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the contrary
Alright, any history of diet change or recent travel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my diet has been pretty consistant for many years, I have spent 4 weeks in Tenerife in Dec 2015, but did not eat out, as I do all my own cooking
Okay, do you experience any abdominal cramps? Nausea? Stomach upsets?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no other symptoms whatsoever
Okay - This might be either a parasitic infestation or an upper GI condition like gall bladder dysfunction or fatty liver, however, this is just speculation and three of the differentials. This kind of subtle but continuous diarrhea can also be due to malabsorption, but in that case weight loss is one of the symptoms.I would suggest that you have your stool routine examination (RE) done along with an Upper abdominal ultrasound to rule the above out. Please do discuss this with your GP.Let me know if you have further questions. Thank you for your patience.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.