How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I'm a 59yr old male. About six months ago I began to have

This answer was rated:

Hi I'm a 59yr old male. About six months ago I began to have a numing sensation in my penis since then it has gradually shrank in size by at least two thirds of its size even when erect and it feels very cold to the touch as if there's a lack of blood flow to it can you give me an answer please!
HelloObesity can cause this.Damage to the penis can cause this.The penis does not shrink in that sense, but both of these situations can cause the appearance.If you did not have trauma, or you are not over weight, then there is something else going on.A numbing sensation with a reduction of erection efficacy is another issue, and can be from a number of causes, including nerve damage, trauma, pelvic pain syndrome, circulation problems, diabetes, and other problems.You need to immediately see a urologist at this point.YOur GP should refer you. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
what is your height and weight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im 5ft10in and 13stone so not overweight
OKPlease tell me your dietmeal to meal, typical dayand any medical problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry this process taking to long don't know how much I'm paying have to go, could you send info to email address thanks
No more payI can not use your email.Here is what I would doUse a nutrient dense, anti inflammatory dietThe diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like thisleafy greensgreen veggiesother veggieswhole fruit, beans and peasWhole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refinedSeeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.A little tofu or tempeh dailyA little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurtThe soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.Get acupunctureSEe a urologistHave your GP rule out the problems I have listed above.