How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

The left side of my chest is noticably bigger than the right

Customer Question

The left side of my chest is noticably bigger than the right side, how can I change this??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.How old are you?Are you male or female?Is it a firm lump?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a 26 year old man, no it isn't firm. It just seems to store more fat
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
do you mean your breast? also is nipple enlarged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ummm yes breast, no my nipple is the same size
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Ok this is known as gynecomastia.Testosterone deficiency or increased estrogen action can cause this.Other symptoms like decreased sex drive, hair loss also can be experienced.Liver disease, testicular failure, or pituitary gland problem, anabolic steroid use are common causes.They should be checked first.Can be treated with androgen replacement therapy.If no abnormality found, then the problem can be fixed by cosmetic surgery.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is androgen replacement therapy, and how am I go about getting it?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
First you need blood tests by your doctor.Serum testosterone level, liver function test, LH and FSH level should be checked first.If you have testosterone deficiency then only androgen or testosterone therapy will work.Have you used anabolic steroid before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I used them for a few months when I was younger
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Ok that caused the damage as I assumed.In that case, you will need to get the blood tests first.If everything is normal as in most cases, you will need to see a plastic surgeon about it.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So is the only way to resolve the issue plastic surgery?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Please follow my train of thought.First you will need the blood tests as I mentioned above.If they show you are deficient in testosterone, then testosterone therapy will help.This will require prescription --no more illegal stuff.If there is no testosterone deficiency, then there is another option besides surgery.Liposuction can be tried to dissolve the fat.Best wishes