How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

So over the past maybe 1/2 months I noticed I been getting

Customer Question

So over the past maybe 1/2 months I noticed I been getting itching/pain in-between my upper thigh groin area, not actually on the groin but you know where the upper thigh would be and the groin next to it, where it closes up when you're walking where sweat would build up?
On the right hand side of this when I take a picture to look I can see a red line with some white coming out of it, I will attach 3 pictures below showing the area and going down the thigh a bit where you can see a reddish line going down to (almost like a stretch mark) you can also see a little red bump in one of the pictures.
Do I have anything to worry about? I have washed down there about 30 mins ago and had a long shower to clean it and also placed vaseline down below to keep it moist and stop it from stinging and itching, its ok so far but it looks a bit worrying. I am 23 years old and male and I am a BIT overweight for my age I am 14 stone+ and my legs do something rub against each other when walking, but this is more right up above at the top of the leg thigh area which is causing me problems. I also noticed I been itching on my leg a lot also with some itching, I will attach more pictures below, I hope you can help me or can give me a possible answer on what the most likely thing this will be.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Can be a fungal infection from sweat and heat.Heat rash is another possibility. Please post the pictures for confirmation. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Yes here are the photos below...Sorry if 2 or 1 are the same.Thanks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the pictures. THis suggests you have a fungal infection --from heat and sweating. You will need to use an antifungal cream like Clotrimazole twice daily for 2 weeks. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So are these normal signs of a fungal infection?
Including the little red lump and also itching and stinging when I touch it?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is correct --they are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you suggest I visit my GP right away and make an appointment to be seen as soon as possible or use the cream for 2 weeks first? and another question which kind of cream do I need as I can see there is different types also including for women.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
You can make an appointment in a week or so. Please try out the cream --if you see improvement continue applying till it clears up completely. You should try Clotrimazole 1% cream twice daily. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All chemists here are shut at this moment as its late in the UK but there is a 24/7 store close to me which sells medication on the shelfs, would I be able to buy this cream on the shelf of a shopping mall? Or would it be over the counter?Thanks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is over the counter.You should be able to get it in any drug store. Best wishes