DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.

I am losing weight and growing weak and frail. I feel very

Customer Question

I am losing weight and growing weak and frail. I feel very restless sitting or standing and the only way for me to get some rest is to lie down in bed. I have underlying pain constantly in my body especially in my back. My mouth and teeth are very bitter and acidic. Every time I eat or drink I rinse my mouth to get rid of the bitter taste but it does not go away. As a result I don't want to eat or drink anything. I was so fond of travel and going out but now I am bed ridden and can hardly walk. My GP has checked me and so have other doctors at the hospital but they cannot find what is wrong with me. I am 69 years old. I shall be grateful if anyone could help me.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Thyroid disease can do this.

They need to check the following labs

Iron studies

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here