How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I get recurring feelings that I am incubating something. I

This answer was rated:

I get recurring feelings that I am incubating something. I ache, and I have a pulsating feeling in my nose and teeth and feel generally unwell. This never develops into anything specific, and goes after 3 or4 weeks, or sometimes longer. I am on steroids having reduced from 60mg per day to just over 8mg now, having had temporal arteritis.
HelloWhen did this feeling start exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it for years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My doctor said he didn't know where to send me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting
why are you on steroidsand how long have you been?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have temporal arteritis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I had the problem before that
OKand have you had a CT scan of the sinuses?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had CT scan of my head as they wanted to see if I had had a stroke, but not specifically of my sinuses
This can be inflammation of the sinuses acting up now and then.I would check with the radiologist and if there is any hint of that, repeat only of the sinuses./People stay sick like this for years because environmental allergies cause sinus inflammation, or the sinuses actually need a drainage procedure from an ENT doctor.Another approach is to see a DO, Doctor of Osteopathy, who does osteopathic manipulation. There are cranial [skull ] lesions that can inflame the sinuses, or cause other problems giving you the symptoms you have. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will do as you suggest
You are welcome anytime.Any questions.Find me by request in medical, saving time in the future for comprehensive medical and integrative medical answers.I am board certified in both.Good luck.