How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58762
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I've been with my girlfriend 10 years. We have a 3 year old

This answer was rated:

Hello. I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 10 years. We have a 3 year old son together. I am currently off work with depression and am seeing an occupational therapist to help me get back to work. I'm also seeing an alcohol therapist because I'm drinking too much, and I'm also on antidepressants. I believe a lot of this stems from me still obsessing over my girlfriends ex boyfriend. It's gotten so bad now that when we make love I get flashes of her with her ex in my head. This makes me not want to be intimate with her and is pushing us apart. I'm on a waiting list to see an NHS Psychiatrist, but it's been weeks now and I feel like I'm losing my mind. Do you have any recommendations for me to help me stop thinking these thoughts? I know that was a bit of a ramble, but I would be very grateful for any assistance you could offer. Thanks. Nik.

I would get a book to help

This is basically OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)

check that book out. It will help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Dr. Phil, MD and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you