How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

A 91 year old man ( father in law ) has broken p. Also has

This answer was rated:

A 91 year old man ( father in law ) has broken hip. Also has Altzeimers was refused surgery by anaesthetist 4 days ago who concidered heart valve not strong enough to survive operation. Now in Palliative care but still strong and fighting .. are there any alternatives.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

External fixation can be tried instead of doing internal fixation depending on the type of fracture under local anesthesia.

Prolonged immobilization is the main treatment optino in case of weak heart related condition.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Dr Basu and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you