DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.

I have been a heavy drinker all of my adult live. I stopped

Hi, I have been a heavy drinker all of my adult live. I stopped 13 weeks ago and paid for private health screening to assess any damage. I am concerned that my Alanine Transferase was elevated to 39. All of the others pertaining to my liver are within the normal range as follows: AST 30, ALP 66, GT 20 and total bilirubin 6. I'm concerned at what this means.

It means nothing.

Maybe some very slight inflammation.

I is not high enough to be significant.

I would simply have your doctor repeat your labs off all alcohol for another month or two.

I see no concern here.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so much. I was really worried. Thank you.

any questions

Please click a positive rating: that and bonuses are how we are paid.