How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have knee pain, the physio said it was cartilidge damage

This answer was rated:

I have knee pain, the physio said it was cartilidge damage and to take paracetamol and cortison injections if it gets worse. I am 41 of normal weigh and have not injured it or put stress on it, I am in considerable pain and struggling to walk. Do I go back to the physio and demand more or go back to my gp. I do not want to accept it is normal wear and tear as it is so painful. Any ideas

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You need a MRI scan of the knee to look for meniscal tear or any ligament tear.

That will cause severe pain as you described.

You should see an orthopedic surgeon for further evaluation.

In case of tear, you will need arthroscopic surgery for repair.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Dr Basu and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you