How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10112
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

I am under a lot of stress, and experiencing tightness in my

Customer Question

I am under a lot of stress, and experiencing tightness in my chest, I have a home blood pressure monitor and checked my blood pressure through out the day today, this morning it was 172/110, this afternoon 161/101 do I need to see a doctor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

I do think you should visit your doctor for a EKG examination since you are having tightness in chest.

They may also prescribe medications to control your blood pressure.

Uncontrolled hypertension is a risk factor for cardiac problems and stroke.
So you should visit ER or primary care physician for proper diagnosis and management.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to seem like I am making a fuss,
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

At least you need a medication to lower your blood pressure.

With chest related symptoms it is better to get a EKG done and not ignore it all.

Usually many patient with acid reflux get EKG done as a precaution.

It is a standard procedure to do EKG if any chest related symptoms are reported by patients.

Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.