How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10245
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

What would you recommend vertigo?

This answer was rated:

What would you recommend for severe vertigo?


What is your age and gender?

What are your current symptoms?


Blurred vision,headache?

Clogged ears?

Neck stiffness?

Are you taking any medications?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Any medical history?


Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's for my 83year old mother. No headaches nausea or vomiting but occasional ringing in ears and frequent dizziness or spinning. Stiff neck, yes. Goes for physio therapy but not much difference. Has had this problem for a year. Someone recommended Nux Vomica and for a while she was ok but it started again. No other symptoms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other medical history except stomach ulcers for many years for which she has been prescribed omnipezerole.


I understand your worry about your mother.

Well as you describe possible causes of your current symptoms may include Cervical spondylosis,Inner ear inflammation,High blood pressure,Benign Paroxysmal positional vertigo,Low blood sugar.

Meniere's disease which occurs due to accumulation of fluid in inner ear canal which leads to build up of pressure in the inner ear and loss of balance and ringing in ear
You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses with a heating pad on back of neck.
Also take OTC Motrin and Claritin.
You should monitor her blood pressure and blood sugar.
She can take OTC Meclizine which relieve dizziness.
And further X-ray of cervical spine and clinical examination by an ENT specialist for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response; her blood sugars and blood pressure are completely normal. The medication you recommend, is it homeopathic? How often and what dose? Where is the best place to obtain it from?

No it is allopathy medication.

Meclizine is an antihistamine that is used to prevent and treat nausea, vomiting, and dizziness caused by motion sickness.

Usual Adult Dose for Vertigo:

25 mg orally 1 to 4 times a day.

Dosing dependent upon clinical response.

It is available OTC at walmart in lower dose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I shall contact you for further advice when needed. Thnx very much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, am not sure we can access Walmart through uk which is where we live

I do think this will be available OTC at local pharmacy.

Please let me know if you have any questions, otherwise please click ACCEPT! Thank you!
It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Best Wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr for your advice. I had actually clicked onto getting advice from a homeopathic Dr and was not really looking for an allopathy route; however, I am looking into your recommendation and advise you that the allopathy medication she was prescribed some time ago was:
Betaserc 8
It is basically 8mg of betahistine dihydrochloride.
Is that the same as what you are recommending?
Is Nux Vomica the homeopathic route you could recommend, and if so, what dose?

Betahistine dihydrochloride (brand name Betaserc) is an anti-vertigo drug and can be prescribed in such cases.

I am not much aware of homeopathic treatments and i am so sorry that your question was posted in medical category instead of homeopathy.

Dr Anil Kumar and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you