How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I'm not sure which heading this falls under but i hope

Customer Question

I'm not sure which heading this falls under but i hope someone can help.
i am having issues with my intimate area, It's red and irritated and itchy. My normal doctor is a male and its something that i don't particularly what to talk to him about.
It's not a one off, it happens on and off and i have no clue what to do about it.
Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Itching and redness are likely due to the fungal infection.

Heat and sweat can promote fungal growth.

You can upload a picture here for confirmation.

Over the counter Clotrimazole cream can be tried twice daily for 10 days in that case.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: