How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48803
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I had CBT years. I am now a 54 year old female and have

This answer was rated:

I had CBT for many years. I am now a 54 year old female and have terrible abandonment issues. I no longer have the support of someone to talk to. What can I do?

This is Dr. David

did you have cognitive behavioral therapy with a psychotherapist before?

are you looking for another psychotherapist?

do you have a GP doctor who can refer you to see a new psychotherapist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a wonderful psychotherapist. I don't think my GP would refer me again. Funding is limited and there is a waiting list for mental health services.

I'm glad you had a wonderful psychotherapist before.

you can find another one who is as good.

there could be a waiting list.

but you shouldn't be afraid to ask your GP doctor to refer you to a psychotherapist.

Dr. David and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried after my psychologist retired and was told I'd had "all that input" and there was nothing much else they could help me with. Anyhow, I truly appreciate you taking the time to speak with me. I'm embarrassed telling anyone about it. Kind regards, Avril