How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10245
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

At 78 I'm just recovering from a painful bout of bursitis

Customer Question

At 78 I'm just recovering from a painful bout of bursitis and want to get back to exercise. I normally use from treadmill (walking not running) / cross trainer / bike / rower / stepper. My body is craving for some exercise. I'm not in training for body beautiful but if it's working this week I still want it to work next week and the weeks after. Any tips please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I’d be happy to assist you.

You can do exercise under a physical therapist's supervision.

Avoid to try yourself.

Eccentric exercises, which focus on making the hip muscles slowly lengthen against a load, are typically recommended.

When your pain gets relieve fully then other stretching exercises can be done.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.