How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19309
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I am 27 year old female. I have chronic uti's and have had

Customer Question

I am 27 year old female. I have chronic uti's and have had urethra dilation. I have horrendous pelvic pressure at the moment- it feels worse than any uti I have ever had. I feel like I have a knife up my vagina and up my bum. It feels like constant pressure. i had my copper iud removed this morning- the pain still not stoppeD.I am on my period and the doc put me on cirflaxcin. Help in pain! Feels better when I am lying down and don't move- it really hurts to move!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

If the doctor prescribed Ciprofloxacin, then that may indicate that an infection of the uterus was present. While this type of infection may or may not be due to sexually transmitted germs, and if there is no evidence of STIs, the non-sexually transmitted germs could be present.

Any infection in the abdomen or pelvis can cause pain that is worse with movement, so also can be seen with an infection of the uterus.

If there is an infection, then removal of the IUD and antibiotics would be the appropriate treatment, but it may take a few days for there to be a significant improvement in symptoms. If the symptoms are more severe, then another consideration would be hospitalization for IV antibiotics, but your doctor apparently felt that oral antibiotic would be sufficient.

It would be fine to take a pain medicine while also taking the antibiotic. You can take an over the counter pain medicine or you can call your doctor to request a stronger prescription pain medicine.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If you would like my assistance with any future questions, it can be directed to me through my profile at