DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.

I've just been prescribed medication under active thyroid. I

Hi there. I've just been prescribed medication for an under active thyroid. I was wondering can a thyroid repair itself or is the medication likely to be long term? Thank you

The medication is long term.

It is life long replacement for this problem.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here