How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8751
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now

My partner has large duct primary sclerosing cholangitis, I

This answer was rated:

Hi, my partner has large duct primary sclerosing cholangitis, I know this can be cured but can anything be done about the pruritus? It's driving him mad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't be cured, sorry

Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will be helping you today. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes there are certain options for treating pruritis in his case. The doctor can try cholestyramine. It's a drug that is known to reduce the itching in such cases. It takes around 4 days to start acting. If it fails the next option is rifampin which is primarily an anti bacterial but somehow it has shown very good results in refractory pruritus associated with cholangitis. Another option here is a drug called marinol. If everything fails then plasmapheresis can be done. So yes he can get rid of this pruritis. I wish him good luck and that he gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry but I was looking for a homeopathic remedy not conventional medicine

OK no problem. Please contact justanswer and they will shift your question to homeopathy. Regards

Dr. Hasan and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you