How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I'm a woman, 42 years old. My problems started about a

This answer was rated:

Hello. I'm a woman, 42 years old. My problems started about a month, with dizziness especially when the weather is warm. Four days ago I noticed tingling in my right arm (the whole arm) and then numbness. Next day I felt the same in my right foot and a very intense pain in the right side of my face lasting about half an hour. I still have numbness in arm and burning sensation in the face when I wash it. I am really worried, please help. Thanks.


With the development of these new symptoms you first need to go to the ER.

Mini stroke must be ruled out immediately.

These can be TIAs, not quite strokes, temporary strokes so to speak.

Blood work is not the right work up.

You need an assessment of the brain, maybe with CT scan or maybe with MRI depending on the exam.

Go in now.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you