How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bob Your Own Question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5642
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Bob is online now

I have treated my self and bv and had anti biotcs from my

This answer was rated:

I have treated my self for thrush and bv and had anti biotcs from my gp, yet the problem will not go away. I'm itchy and sore and have a clotted cream like discharge which smells unpleasant and I'm at a lose of what to do. I feel dirty all the time and it seams to be worse after my husband and me are intimate

Hi Jade. Are you and your husband using condoms, toys or lubricants?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None but have been married 14 years and have 3 children.

An allergy to something that is touching the affected area could be the culprit. If you are pretty sure there have been no new exposures, then it is more likely infectious. Have you had a complete gynecological exam during this period of time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't had one and I am not sure how I go about making an appointment

The easiest way would be to go to a nearby express care or urgent care clinic. They can check your urine and do an abdominal and bi-manual exam and culture any discharge. This will guide the appropriate treatment, and get you on the path of feeling better.

Dr. Bob and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you very much. I will book an appointment tomorrow.
You have been very helpful in directing me.

You're welcome. Hope all works out for the best.