How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19453
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

Always damp between legs and a dark ring at front of

This answer was rated:

always damp between legs and a dark ring at front of foreskin which is painful on erection,ihave had this for 7 years and trid most things including drugs for pain releif such as gabapentin and many others,because of the dampnes it often becomes infected so i am prescribed antibiotics and its a continuous circle,i am on 1.5 grammes ofclonazepam at present to no effect,the whole area feels damp with a burning feeling.Help.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach a picture of the area?

Which creams have been used thus far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot attach a picture as i am not computer literate,creams used ,timodine,and the painkillers i descibed

It is possible that someone may have excessive genital dampness simply because of overactive sweat glands, but it would typically not cause a ring such as you describe. However, a common medical cause of dampness that also can cause a ring on the genital or groin area would be a fungal infection. It is more often a dermatophyte type of fungus, although a yeast infection can be the problem.

While the appearance can suggest whether it is a fungal infection, it would be a more definitive diagnosis to perform a microscopic examination of scrapings of the area.

If the timodine ha not helped, there are a couple options. It would be reasonable to try an antifungal cream in a different chemical class, such as clotrimazole. Another option would be the use of an oral antifungal, such as fluconazole, particularly if there is a failure to respond to various topical antifungal medicines.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Dr. D. Love and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you