How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58350
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I had a brain aneurism and had brain surgery to fix it 24

Customer Question

I had a brain aneurism and had brain surgery to fix it 24 yrs ago which left me with left side paralized and suddenly after all this time my lg and anle are spazuming I am unable to control it is it treatable if so what will be done willi need serugery it very frightening when it happens will I end up back in a wheel chair
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

You need meds to settle the spasm.

Recommend going on baclofen.

I would do that.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

    Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
    Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating.I appreciate it. :)
    Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


    Since this spasm is new after all this time, one would not simply treat it.

    You need

    Full neurological exam.

    Labs: all electrolytes, calcium and magnesium.

    All routine labs.

    Structural assessment.

    I suggest you talk to your GP about a neurology consult.

    OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

    Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

    still need help?