How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

I am a 65yr old woman with on-going medical problems

Customer Question

I am a 65yr old woman with on-going medical problems (rheumatoid arthritis being the main one) I have gradually become very tired, to the extent that if I sit down I can fall asleep for hours during the day. I am developing brown patches on my skin, particularly my face! I drink more than I used to and corespondingly visit the toilet more. Also I have back ache and slight nausea.
I don't know if this is just to do with my on-going problems and don't want to bother my own doctor or my hospital consultant if I should just put up with it!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Do you have your thyroid functions checked recently?

Any recent change in your weight or appetite ?

Cough or shortness of breath?/

What are your medicines at the moment ?

Can you please send an image of the rash ?

Please provide the above information so that i can help you better