How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

I am now 72yrs old, and have got a permanent pain in my

Customer Question

I am now 72yrs old, and have got a permanent pain in my abdomen, 24, 7, 365 which comes at me in waves, up to 4 or 5 times a day, sometimes so intense I cannot get out of bed for a week I have had it for about 20 years, and the older I get the worse it's getting.
I have been to my Dr,s and the emergence NHS on Meany occasions, with all the tests being done?? Only to be told on every occasion THAT THEY CAN FIND NOTHING WRONG WITH ME.
I do have diverticulitis, and have had the valve from my intestine to my bowel removed because of it when I was 34yrs. I am now getting very desperate, and am battling to handle the pain. I was at the NHS yesterday and that was the 1st time I have been given pain killers, and that was only 7 pills.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having such pains.

with prior abdominal surgery, you can have scar tissue in your abdomen which can cause pain.

some patients need another abdominal surgery to cut out scar tissue called lysis of adhesions to decrease scar tissue in the abdomen.

where in your abdomen is this pain? right side? left? upper or lower?