How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I have been feeling pain under both my armpits which I would

This answer was rated:

I have been feeling pain under both my armpits which I would describe as an ache or tightness
The pain is just slightly forward of both armpits and when I push in the area it feels like muscle soreness?
I am 56 year old man in good health.
Thank you for your response

Thank you for your question.

Since how long are you having this pain?

Do you have any other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

Please let me know.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** pain for 2/3 days, no other medical problems or medication.

Thank you for your response.

It sounds like a muscular pain that is causing your symptoms.

Such a pain can happen if you have stressed or pulled a muscle in this area.

I would recommend that you should take over-the-counter pain medications such as ibuprofen or naproxen for this pain to help.

This should settle in a couple of weeks time at the most.

If your symptoms persist or worsen, I would recommend that you be seen ASAP.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you