DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I've found a 'lump' on my left testicle but it's soft and

Hi I've found a 'lump' on my left testicle but it's soft and squishy and feels/ looks like a vein in colour and texture! So I was wondering if it is more than likley just a vein and if any of the symptoms I am describing could be a sign of testiculer cancer??

Hello.

Thanks for the question.

I am a clinical doctor and very familiar with this.

It sounds like a vericocele.

It is actually a bundle of veins.

It is harmless.

You might be feeling the epidytimus, a normal structure.

Have your doctor check to be sure.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah that's what I thought it could be! I've been to see 2 doctors now and they both said it looked like an englarged vein so I guess that's nothing to worry about! If it was testiculer cancer would my symptoms be different and my lump firm or hard??

You would have to tell by doctor exam.

If the doctors think it is veracocyle, that is what it is.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/