How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

My problem is a tingling sensation in the forehead which I

This answer was rated:

Hi, my problem is a tingling sensation in the forehead which I have had for about 5 years now. It is not painful, just a constant tingling sensation. It started when I was looking around for a job a few years ago. I was constantly getting rejected from job applications and interviews as it is so hard to find a job these days. This tingling started after around a year of looking for a job. I have found a job since but the tingling is still there. I also suffer from OCD.
I have been to see a few doctors about this, I am currently taking medication to control the OCD and have had CBT sessions a few times.
Does anyone know if any type of surgery would remove a tingling sensation such as this? Would it be possible to remove a nerve?


You need to see a neurologist.

This can be a neuropathy.

Idiopathic, or from various causes.

It can be psychosomatic.

I would worry about brain or cervical spine problems.

Also medication effects.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers

DrRussMD and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Would a neurologist be able to take scans to find out what is actually causing this? Thanks.


In fact your doctor can order the scan.