How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58727
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have a TMJ problem which produces many unpleasant symptoms

This answer was rated:

I have a TMJ problem which produces many unpleasant symptoms ,As I have aged it has become worse .pain,dizziness caused by muscle spasm etc.My dentist says the damage is done.I am depressed and in despair.What do you suggest?

Thanks for this question

I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist with over 10 years experience.

what treatments have you tried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have lower denture to replace lost teeth.I have tried massage,warm flannels,ibuprofen relaxation etc etc.
What about a bite splint?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one,which gives my jaw a rest.But it does not give me the complete resolution .I know there is no cure but I would like to be able to manage this complaint.

ask for a muscle relaxer called cyclobenzaprine

it works well

I have given it many times for this with success

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Dr. Phil, MD and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you