How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10245
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

My question is about STDs. I've been with my partner now for

This answer was rated:

Hi there,
My question is about STDs. I've been with my partner now for 7 years in a monogamous relationship. (I'm female and he's male.) It's recently occurred to me that we never had an STD test when we first got together (and I'm pretty sure we'd both had unprotected sex at some point before getting together.) Neither of us have had any symptoms over the 7 years (at least nothing that we've been aware of.) Now, do we both need to get tested? Or would one of us be OK to get tested? Are there any STDs that would be symptomless for this long - is there anything in particular we should be tested for? Or is a test unnecessary at this late stage? Thanks very much.

Ideally both partners should be tested.

In females PAP smear should be done apart from routine test like





HSV 1&2 IgG,IgM

Test for Male





Urine Routine Examination

HSV 1 & 2 IgG ,IgM

Usually HPV can be silent for long time.In women PAP smear test are done as a part of yearly physical examination and HPV test can be performed in cases with cervical dysplasia.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
May I help you further?
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.

Dr Anil Kumar and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you