How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR. EHTISHAM Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2788
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DR. EHTISHAM is online now

Names peter iv had stomach problems for about 6years been gp

This answer was rated:

Hi names peter iv had stomach problems for about 6years been gp had blood
tests for various conditions gluten celiac u name it but no joy then ibs thrown
in never suffered with this none of the family have it was 72kg down to 64kg
symptoms is constant gnawing dull pain dont even eat in daytime even a cup
Of tea can be a challenge tried all medications nothing works end of my tether
then ex girlfriend of mine said she had that helicobacter pylori she seems to
think I've got it of her please help im 49 years of age most appreciated


Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Sorry to hear about your problem

Did you underwent an upper GI endoscopy ?

Were you tested for H.Pylori ?Any CT scan abdomen done ?

In how much time you have lost 8 kg of weight and down to 64 from 72 kg


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd say 6 month's but bear in mind I dont eat while at work and still get dull aches
no not had ct scans

Thanks for the information

H.Pylori can be a possibility here .It is common for this infection to give rise to such abdominal pain. I would suggest that you do get blood test for H.Pylori and also take appointment from gastroenterologist. The fact tha you have lost weight may be due to decrease intake of food as it worsen your pain. But I would definitely see a gastroenterologist and get more tests like a CT scan and upper GI endoscopy. An endoscopy will show if there is any inflammation in your stomach and it can take biopsy for H.Pylori evaluation. A CT scan will be helpful in finding out if there is anything else which is causing such pain like a mass lesion or gallstone.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating


DR. EHTISHAM and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you