How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48708
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have a hard whitish yellowish lump on the side of my penis

Customer Question

I have a hard whitish yellowish lump on the side of my penis it feels like it's under the skin aswell but there is a hard yellow bit on the surface I've had the link for a while but it only went yellow and hard today I'm 15 what is it ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

it could be collections of smegma fluid under the skin.

smegma is a white secretion below the foreskin

it is a normal secretion and is used to help protect and lubricate the penis

are you circumcised?

you may have to slowly pull back the foreskin to clean your penis to help get rid of this white fluid.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like this
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

that looks like a skin infection

you should see a doctor and get a skin culture

you may need topical antibiotics and oral antibiotic pills to clear up this skin infection.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using