How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58371
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

What condition am I most likely suffering from? What tests

This answer was rated:

What condition am I most likely suffering from? What tests should I do?I have a constant pain on the upper left side of my
abdomen, next to my stomach and behind my left ribs when I'm sitting down or playing video games or
watching TV or using my laptop etc. Painkillers do not help very much. Sometimes I get sharp stabbing
pain on the left side of my stomach. I suffered the residual effects of all these symptoms for more than
4 years. I haven't been seen for these symptoms.Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Brachial Plexitis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA)
Transverse Myelitis
Neuropathic Pain

Thanks for this question
I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing MD with over 10 years experience

Do you have any other medical problems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what imaging have you had?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've only done normal blood tests which came out fine but no specific tests

I would strongly recommend some imagine like a CAT scan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which of the conditions does it sound like. I think Neuropathic pain is the condition from what I've read.

I agree with you

Either that or fibromyalgia

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are tests for Fibromyalgia and Neuropathic pain?

The best test would be an EMG and a physical exam by a fibro expert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)?

EMG and NCS go together

Dr. Phil, MD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they do both those tests together at the same time?