How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9871
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

My mother of 65 was diagnosed with a condition called

This answer was rated:

Hi, My mother of 65 was diagnosed with a condition called Orthostatic Tremor a few years ago and she's getting progressively worse as time goes by. She's currently on a cocktail of drugs which seem to have very little effect, the side effects of which are loss of memory, weight gain, tiredness etc. Her quality of life has deteriorated dramatically since being diagnosed. I am aware of a drug called SativeX which has seen great results for treating her condition. However she lives in the Republic of Ireland where this drug has not et been approved. As I am a UK resident would it be possible for my mother to come and see a UK based Neurologist and also to be prescribed this drug? My poor mother never asks for help and we would really like to help improve her quality of life. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can help? thanks

Hi and welcome.

Yes this medicine is available and approved in UK and you need prescription for this. You can get your mother in UK and visit a neurologist for prescription.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Dr Uzair and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you