How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr S.A.Alam Your Own Question
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4473
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr S.A.Alam is online now

I'm a 32 year old male I have been on omprazole for over a

This answer was rated:

Hi I'm a 32 year old male I have been on omprazole for over a year now!! No other medication this is just for Acids that come up!! I have a feeling under the centre of my rib cage feels like it's pushing up when I lay down what might this be

Thank you for your question, It can be due to loose sphincter at lower end of food pipe. Other possible cause is hiatal hernia which can be a cause of this. You may need a barium swallow or upper gut endoscopy. Thank you.

Dr S.A.Alam and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you