How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49209
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have bipolar 2 and am currently depressed and suicidal. I

This answer was rated:

I have bipolar 2 and am currently depressed and suicidal. I am being seen by my CMHT but am going to see a private psychiatrist soon. I recently had my first auditory hallucination and things are almost unbearable. What can I do to stay safe?

This is Dr. David

you need to take your prescribed medications

has your Community Mental Health Team prescribed you medication for your bipolar disorder.

you have to take your medications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do take my meds but they aren't working which is why I'm going private. Diazepam helps, I'm on 5mg bd but it's not holding me. CMHT say there's nothing else left to try. I'm not able to see them till I've been for my second opinion. If I go to a&we will they just call the crisis team and send me home?

there are medications which can work for bipolar disorder.

there are medications to help fight hallucinations.

diazepam is only used to decrease anxiety symptoms.

if you go to the A&E they will assess your mental status which is not treated at this point. you are depressed and suicidal.

you have a risk for killing yourself. you may need to be admitted into a hospital and given medications to help control your symptoms to help protect your life.

this is a serious thing.

I don't want you to kill yourself.

you should go to the A&E and see a doctor right away.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you